WMU offers organizations and approaches, as well as ministries, that enable every member of the church to learn about missions, become involved in missions, and live a missional lifestyle. WMU offers many opportunities to fulfill the six objectives of WMU that are at the heart of missions education.
Pray for Missions
To pray for missions means to communicate with God on behalf of missions work, people involved in missions work, and people that need to know and accept God’s redeeming love.
Engage in Mission Action and Witnessing
The teaching and actions of Jesus recorded in the New Testament show us that the Christian faith is not stagnant but active and participatory. We are to share the gospel in word and deed verbally and through our actions.
Learn About Missions
Learning about missions helps believers better understand what God says about making His name known throughout the earth.
Christians have a part in upholding the cause of missions, maintaining missions work, and encouraging missions personnel.
Develop Spiritually Toward a Missions Lifestyle
For the believer, spiritual development involves growing in our relationship with Jesus Christ. It involves day-to-day living that applies and carries out the missions imperatives of God’s Word.
Participate in the Work of the Church and Denomination
As a missions ministry within a congregation, WMU encourages and provides opportunities for all church members and other participants to be aware of and involved in missions and cooperates with other missions ministries within the congregation to help the congregation fulfill its missions potential.
1. Missions education is doctrinally sound.
2. Missions education teaches men, women, boys, and girls how to apply biblical truths through mission action and witnessing.
3. Missions education teaches us how to pray intercessory prayers for missionaries, ministries, people groups, and our own church and communities.
4. Missions education supports missions financially and encourages cooperative giving.
5. Missions education helps believers grow spiritually as we learn, memorize, and live out Scripture through missions involvement.
6. Missions education helps believers live out the Great Commission by witnessing to people and caring for the needs of others.
7. Missions education teaches us that we are all part of God’s plan.
8. Missions education lays a foundation of faith and helps us develop spiritually toward a missions lifestyle.